Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sold Positions in Conservative Shift

Sold all of the following positions (performance from purchase):

AXL @ $12.95 (+ 34%)
FCX @ $116.49 (+ 17%)
HUN @ $15.79 (+ 36%)
KLIC @ $7.46 (+ 24%)
RFMD @ $7.81 (+ 21%)
SOLR @ $8.92 (+11%)

Each of these stocks are relatively high beta and have performed well. Given the recent strength of the market I am looking to shift to a more conservative portfolio into the beginning of next year and re-evaluate some weightings.

I continue to have significant exposure to commodities, inverse treasuries, and China. For now, I expect to leave these positions in place. I may establish a position in a volatility-related ETF since the VIX is near a record low. I believe the market may be positioned for a brief reversal since companies are taking hard hits, like Nike ticker NKE, after reporting strong results.

Note: Nike's stock has dropped because of "only" 11% growth in future orders, in my view. Exceed Company, ticker EDS, reported a 25% increase in 2011 wholesale orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment